Sunday 9 December 2012

Auction goods with no venue, how to raise funds now?

My main event for this year was sadly cancelled.

Had hoped after this weekend I be having a break from fundraising, instead the stress has been double folded, I have one failure to pull off a good night to show for my hard work,

I need to use all my inner strength to pull myself up after a emotional week of let downs and disappointments, need to focus on the future.

So how do I do that, well the one thing no one thought of was what to do with all our amazing auction prizes, I for one did not want to waste all my hard work, so I been busy trying to source some new venues and looking at the cost of raffle tickets

As I have too many generous donations not to have the opportunity to raise some funds,

My thoughts are that I will see about finding a auction before the end of the Year to auction off local companies auction prizes, and seek permission of all that it is okay to use still.

The top auction prizes, I am hoping they will not mind me turning a auction into a raffle, as this will give me a opportunity to sell a lot of tickets and raise a lot more for Tommy's baby charity,

Not sure if this is the right way to go, but I need to do something positive other wise my dream of working on a pre-term birth project to help prevent baby loss will be a long loss dream, and a whole lot of broken promises to the daughter that I never got to hold.

If any one is reading this, who can either do a auction or help by donating costs for the raffle tickets, or whom would like to donate West End Show trip to either London or Manchester, or a cash prize, or a holiday please let me know.

I am looking at selling tickets for £1 a go, and £5 per book, and looking at wanting to sell thousands of tickets, therefore any one who has a pub, venue who can help please contact me at

ciara_curran@hotmail.com  or tel no: 07877 075976




No comments: